Add authorship to RSS/Atom feeds
Short, concise description of the idea
When multiple feeds are aggregated together, not having authorship information means you can't identify who posted what. Add this information.
Full description of the idea
RSS and Atom feeds generated by LiveJournal currently can't be used correctly with aggregation feeds like PlanetPlanet because the feed entries don't include any tags to indicate the author of the blog post. For an example, look at http://afe-coda.livejournal.com/data/rs
Most other blog sites do include this information, meaning LiveJournal accounts are second-rate citizens in these communities.
- LiveJournal users who contribute to aggregated feeds can be identified.
- LiveJournal users can participate in cross-site community blogs like PlanetPlanet.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Since each post would need to be tagged with this information, it would increase the size of syndication feeds.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- A simple implementation would be very direct, simply adding the username and/or full name stored in the poster's profile to the feed XML would solve the problem.
- It might be desirable to allow users to tag individual posts as anonymous, to hide the name on the feed.
- Since it would increase the size of the feed, users who don't need it might want an option to disable it.