HTML Embedding (iframes, flash, etc.)
Short, concise description of the idea
To Liven up LiveJournal allow the use of iframes and other HTML coding in posts and also in custom sideboxes, and sticky post.
Full description of the idea
- More dynamic site
- Allows integrating "sticky" web components that bring visitors back more frequently
- Gives greater visual variety
- Enhances communication and participation (say by adding a shoutbox/iframe in the sidebar)
- Happier user base that can do more things
- But more truth or validity into the title "LiveJournal"
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- None, security is an issue but can be dealth with rather than freezing the power of the Web.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Simply stop stripping HTML and flash from posts and sideboxes and sticky text input areas.