Remove community viewing options that don't make sense.
Short, concise description of the idea
When I'm viewing [http://www.livejournal.com/manage/sett
Full description of the idea
Show contextual hover menu-- isn't this only set on a user-by-user basis?
Show LJ Talk online status-- can a community be online and receive messages?
Receive email copies of LiveJournal news and updates-- if this was checked, would the maintainer be getting copies twice? What if there are co-maintainers?
Use image placeholders / Use placeholders for video content / View comment pages in your own journal style-- would any of these settings apply to the entire community if they were selected?
- Viewing Options page would be streamlined.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Someone would have to change the programming to remove all of the extraneous stuff.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Look over the Viewing Options as they pertain to communities.
- Decide which ones are actually meaningful and useful to communities, and which only really affect individual users.
- Code things to get rid of the extraneous / moot options.