Report function for communities
Short, concise description of the idea
Sends an email to the moderators suggesting they look at the post in question
Full description of the idea
If something is posted in contradiction to the rules of a community, or is offensive, a member can click on the report button which will generate an email to the moderators of the community, with the link to the post, so that they are aware of an issue with the post in question.
- quick removal of offensive material.
- Moderators will not have to read every post if they are busy or away.
- Easy communication between members and moderators regarding issues.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Potential abuse by members.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- Would be very similar to the comments notification feature currently implemented. It would contain an email with a link to the post and post content as per the comments notification emails with a message similar to '[user] has reported this post for your attention.'
- Report button would be where the edit/tag icons currently are located and be similar.