Allow creation of poll grids
Short, concise description of the idea
Allow the creation of polls in grid form, with x and y axis values chosen by the creator.
Full description of the idea
I just posted a poll that attempts to correlate a number of experiences with a number of locations (in this case, which package delivery services have trouble delivering to various regions and to various types of building). This is very long and repetitive. Rather than saying "If DHL works for you, choose your region... If UPS works for you, choose your region..." I would prefer to have a grid, with regions along the side (y axis) and postal carriers across the top (x axis). This can be accomplished with relatively straightforward HTML tables.
- Allows users to compress lengthy statistical analysis polls into a simple, easy-to-read grid.
- Reduces annoyance to those who see poll entries on their friends pages.
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Might take some considerable revision to poll code; I don't know enough about it to be sure.
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- All boxes would contain checkboxes or text. The radio button option would be disabled for grid polls.
- After the poll is taken, each box in the grid could show the number and percentage of respondents who selected each option.
- Results listed by user could be connected with a slash, in the form "rosefox: UPS/urban US, FedEx/urban US, UPS/no doorman, UPS/receptionist".