Multiple Userpic Uploads
Short, concise description of the idea
To be able to upload more than one userpic at one time.
Full description of the idea
The idea is simple - all LJ would have to do is add a feature in the Edit Userpics page that would allow users to optionally add up to a certain number of URLs or files for simultaneous uploading, rather than having to wait for each individual userpic to upload before moving on to the next. It would also be useful to have the keywords, comment, and "default userpic?" fields pop up with the additional URL/filename fields.
(As a side suggestion, this could also be a paid/permanent/early adopter account-exclusive feature, especially since paid users who purchased the 100 userpics add-on would most likely use it most often.)
- More efficient userpic management
- Especially ideal for dial-up users
- More reason to buy a paid account, which equals more money for LiveJournal
An ordered list of problems/issues involved
- Might take some effort to code?
- Might be a load on the servers?
An organized list, or a few short paragraphs detailing suggestions for implementation
- I suggest using the same coding used for the scrapbook, which allows users to upload several pictures at one time (exactly the idea here). Other than that, I think it's pretty straightforward.