Repost any post
Short, concise description of the idea
Extend the repost feature from communities to all posts
Full description of the idea
Tumblr has been getting worse every release, giving LJ a chance to reclaim lost users. The main feature that Tumblr has over LJ right now the ability to repost any other post and add text and new tags.
Currently, LJ can only do this to a post within a community. I would extend this to any post and add a locking mechanism that can be applied to posts so people can disallow their posts to be reposted if they want.
- Allows content to be spread more widely
- Switches reposting from an author choice to a reader choice, allowing readers to interact with content
- Makes LJ more competitive in the social media market
- The locking mechanism would allow authors to control how their content is used
- Users would see multiple copies of the same post in their Feed potentially. They may wish to have an option to turn reposts off, so their feed is only ever original content.