Read this button
Short, concise description of the idea
A button that will add a notification to a user that someone read the article.
Full description of the idea
A simple button on an article that says "I read this" when clicked would add your accounts name to the article as have been read by said account.
This is different from Facebook's like button and does not seek to recreate it. This function does not state one's like or dislike of a subject or article simply that it has been read.
- When you have nothing to say but just want to let the the author know you read the article, this would be a simple way to so so without over stating any sentiment or sounding redundant.
- Would cut down on wondering or asking "Did you get that thing I posted?"
- People seeing this as a rip off.
- Decisions on further integration: Should this be able to send an email notification? Clutter in the interface and possibly breaking skins. View/Hide ability, allowed to undo or not? Presentation, add a time stamp, how to deal with article edits?
- Feasibility to implement VS. impact to the community.