Turn off Facebook/Twitter Crossposting on Own Journal
Short, concise description of the idea
Turn off Facebook/Twitter crossposting boxes on my own journal entries.
Full description of the idea
LJ just introduced FB and Twitter crossposting, and it's creating a user interface annoyance for me. I am one of those people who prefers to use keyboard navigation whenever possible. I'm used to finishing a comment, then pressing Tab and then Spacebar to post it. Now I have to Tab twice to get past the Facebook and Twitter boxes, and I have ZERO interest in using either account with LJ.
Secondly, I don't want people posting comments on my LJ to Twitter or FB. They're commenting on my entries in my LJ--why should they cross-post those things? And while I could just notify my friends, I know that I'm not the only person who Tab-Enters or Tab-Spacebars. It's all too easy to hit Tab-Spacebar, go, "Oh, hey, it's not working," hit "Tab-Enter", watch it go, and then realize, "Oh SHIT, FB checkbox is selected!"
Essentially, I would like to be able to get the functionality of this Greasemonkey Script ( http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/851
Alternatively, move the crossposting boxes ABOVE the comment area so that they aren't in my way and I can continue to use the site without needing to use a Greasemonkey script. It's fine if I only access LJ from my own computers, but I don't--I travel a lot for work/pleasure, and I use local computers a lot.
- Remove UI annoyance from comment reply area.
- Remove the likelihood of accidental cross-posting.
- Return control of journal content to journal owner.
- Reassure LJ users that LJ is concerned about their security and isn't turning into Facebook.
- Less feature take-up (fewer people using FB connect or cross-posting to Twitter). Though in my book, this is a Good Thing.
- Minor reprogramming in the case of moving the checkboxes (I still don't see why they're under and not above the comment area).