Option to opt out of LJ headers
Short, concise description of the idea
I'd like to option to opt out of the special LJ headers, and instead just see the standard, non-user generated header.
Full description of the idea
In the same way that there are multiple styles in which to view the Livejournal website, I'd like the option to disable the custom headers. I find many of them distracting and unappealing, and they disrupt the aesthetic of the website. This option would mean that instead of seeing the headers that users make and vote for, which change frequently, anyone who opts out would just see the standard, basic LJ header.
- More appealing livejournal pages, because of lack of disruption of the Livejournal aesthetic.
- Website continuity (because the appearance of the website would not frequently change, as it does currently).
- Gives users more control over their Livejournal viewing experience with (presumably) relatively minimal impact on Livejournal's end.
- Perhaps this is somehow more complicated to implement than it seems? I can't imagine how, but I don't know as much about designing and running a complex website.
- There could be slightly reduced involvement in creating and voting for custom headers, because those who are involved because they want to prevent unappealing headers will just opt out instead. (But many, like me, would probably be happier with the site as a whole this way.)