Turn LJ Titles into Tweets
Short, concise description of the idea
A button that turns an entry title into a tweet, which would also be a link back to the entry.
Full description of the idea
Combining the functions of Twitter and LiveJournal, the user would first write an entry in LiveJournal. A button, located next to the entry's title, would turn that title into a Tweet, which would then appear in that user's Twitter Feed. In that Twitter feed, the tweet/entry title would then be a link back to the entry.
- 1. People, like myself, who now use Twitter more than LiveJournal, may start to use LJ again.
- 2. Since Twitter has a character limit, people can elaborate on their tweet in their journal. ie. TWEET: "going to the dog park." ENTRY: "Today we went to the dog park across town for the first time..."
- 3. People who haven't heard of LJ might stumble across someone else's and decide to make their own = more people using LJ.
- 1. LJ and Twitter would have to be willing to collaborate.
- 2. The actual programming required to make a title a tweet may be challenging.